AirPods are the most widely used wireless headphones in the world today. They are well known for their audio quality as well as features like touch sensors. The Apple company works day by day to improve these qualities in order to attract more customers. But is this marvelous invention limited to the iPhone.
Many people prefer to use Android instead of iPhone. But you wonder if you can also use AirPods with Android. Don’t worry, we’re here to help. The simple answer to this question is: Yes, you can also use AirPods with Android. Let’s discuss the whole topic in detail.
In this article, we will discuss Do AirPods Work with Android. If so, then how.
Can you use AirPods with Android?
Yes, you can use and connect AirPods with any Android smartphone. As simple Bluetooth headphones, AirPods are compatible with a wide range of Android phones and tablets. Bluetooth-enabled devices, such as most Windows computers and some smart TVs, are compatible with Airpods. However, you won’t be able to use all the useful features of the AirPods if you use them with an Android. Connecting them to the iPhone comes with many other features.
This applies to all of Apple’s current headphones, not just regular AirPods. Android users should know that AirPods Pro and AirPods Max are also compatible with Android devices. However, due to the high cost of these gadgets and the fact that you won’t be able to use all of their features unless you already own an Apple smartphone, we do not recommend purchasing them.
What features don’t work with Android?
Airpods come with a W1 wireless chip in the first generation. And in the second and third generation, the H1 chip, accelerometer and some other sensors make the experience of using Airpods much more. But, all these things cannot be enjoyed when you connect them with Android.
If you’re using AirPods with Android, you won’t be able to access the following features:
- Siri – Siri can be accessed by tapping or tapping iPhone AirPods to perform tasks such as changing music, changing volume, or simply asking for information. You can also say “Hey Siri” to activate Siri if you have AirPods 2 or 3. But this function would not be available on Android.
- Customizable touch settings – When you press or tap the AirPods, it performs some functions which you can change in settings. Siri, Play/Pause, Next Track, and Previous Track are just some of the options you can provide to make the experience more user-friendly. This feature cannot be used when connected to Android.
- Establishment – Apple customers can effortlessly switch between using AirPods on an iPad, iPhone, Apple Watch, and Mac by simply logging into their iCloud account. Setup is simple. Only a few simple steps are needed to connect the case to an iPhone or iPad. But, contrary to that, you cannot easily change your devices while connected to an Android.
- Airpods battery – You can check the remaining battery life of your AirPods on your iPhone or Apple Watch by asking Siri or using the Today or Control Center apps. This concept is not available on Android. Fortunately, the AirBattery app or the Assistant Trigger app can be used to view the battery percentage of Airpods.
- Ear detection function – When you take an AirPod out of your ear, it stops whatever you’re listening to until you put it back in. It is not available on Android.
- 3D sound – When used with Apple devices, Airpods 3 and Airpods pro let you enjoy spatial audio support. This experience is worth taking as it is like 3D music.
How to connect AirPods to Android?
Using AirPods with Android, as mentioned earlier, means you will lose some functionality. The automatic pairing function is one of them. Therefore, you will have to perform the pairing process manually.
Manual pairing is a fairly simple operation. Here’s how:
Hope you understood how to connect Airpods to Android devices. The process is quite easy. Just keep in mind that not all features of AirPods can be enjoyed if you connect them with Android. So if you buy Airpods only for Android, we won’t suggest it.